Thursday, June 20, 2013

Casa Verde @ Singapore Botanic Gardens

Gourmet Breakfast, $15


As well as I am able to recall, a good bulk of my childhood was spent sprawled on the lush greenery of the Singapore Botanic Gardens and perfecting my baby steps. Just recently, my partner and I returned to the SBG after a long hiatus for a leisurely photo shoot. To our pleasant surprise, a handful of restaurants have sprung up in the SBG to cater to the rising visitor count. Amongst them, Casa Verde stood out as an affordable yet classy place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.



Their breakfast set (above) comes with a little of everything you'll want to have for breakfast - sauteed mushrooms, hash brown, sausage, crispy bacon, soft and fluffy scrambled eggs, buttered thick toast and a side of greens. Perfect for a no-frills brunch without frivolous peripherals like hollandaise sauce, fancy poached eggs or complicated pancake combinations.

I opted for an even simpler order - Smoked salmon and scrambled egg muffins ($15.50). I like my scrambled eggs slightly runny yet slightly charred at the edges - Casa Verde made them just the way I wanted it to be. The smoked salmon is a tad too salty to eat on its own, but pairs well with a little muffin and egg. Not something that I would return specially for but, if I do, I will definitely have this again.


What's more, the restaurant's pet-friendly policy will delight visitors who visit the Gardens with their four-legged friends in tow. Casa Verde has a large alfresco dining area for those who wish to immerse themselves in the lush foliage and take in the sights and sounds of the Gardens.


Eat where:
Casa Verde
Singapore Botanic Gardens
1 Cluny Road
(Near the Visitors' Centre)

Operating hours:
7.30am - 11pm, daily

1 comment:

  1. The food there is nice. Looking through their menu, I think their food and beverage are pretty much over priced during normal hours, except for some breakfast sets promotions before noon.

    ReplyDelete